Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wonderful Kale Salad

Here is the Kale Salad that I promised. I can not remember where it is from just now, I will keep you updated on that information.

1 large Kale, finely chopped
2 c. carrots, shredded
1 pint tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. soaked nuts
1 onion cut into thin rings
juice of one lemon
1/4 c. olive oil
crushed garlic as desired (for me lots!!)
sea salt, cayenne to taste

Mix all together and refrigerate overnight. It is important to not eat this right away though since it will not be soft enough. I am not a fan of just plain Kale since it is slightly hard, unlike lettuce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the salad is by Michelle Reeves of the website From Sad to Raw. You can find a picture of this wonderful salad (don't we raw enthusiasts love kale? :) on her website at: http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/Recipes/WonderfulKaleSalad.htm

Keep up the blog! It's always great to find other raw enthusiasts making a positive difference in their lives.

In response to your comment on my blog, I will look into additional Asian treats for you to post on my blog. You have given me the idea of categorizing my ethnicity so I will look into doing that as well.

Best wishes,
Caroline

Brew99 said...

Yes, I think you are correct! Thanks.