Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday July 30th

I'm sure by now everyone is thanking that I am not a celebrity blogger or something of the sort, Reason being that I am always forgetting to do the work, writing on the blog. This last weekend was a whirl wind of emotions since it was hot and sticky - might I remind you that we have no air conditioning in our house. That has to be corrected sooner than later, I might melt. So, anyways this weekend I had a deep craving for everything that was no raw food. Thankfully I am not in the raw vegan cult and do not have a fear of eating cooked food at least once in a week. It is all about moderation and eating what your body needs for energy. So, my husband bought chicken nuggets and french fries from McDonalds. Talk about cheating! Those are my two comfort foods that if I could I would eat all the time. I know better though, do not worry.

After my cheating episode, I went directly back to eating raw vegan. It was a blissful day when I started to eat healthy again. For those of you on the raw vegan diet I know you can understand my bliss after starting up again. Eating raw to me is all about feeling good inside and out. I am a compulsive overeater - I love food!. Raw food just helps bring my hungry under control so that I can feel food. If eating cooked foods I can eat for days and not feel full.

So, today I am back into things and I am feeling full of energy and actually rather chipper. This morning I woke up around 5A.M. because of a nose problem. Yes, raw vegan's do get sick also. I have had this issue just about everyday for the last two weeks. I wake up and can't breathe out of my right nostril. It is very annoying. My husband just tells me to use my mouth for oxygen however that makes your tongue all dry and gross feeling. This morning I was tired of feeling sick so I jumped on the computer and researched my issue at hand. I think it has to do with my sinus infection that I had a few weeks ago. It wasn't a serious one however with all the heat and allergens in the air, I am sure it was a sinus infection. The medicine cleared up my sinus infection however this issue is a result from it. According to WebMD.com some sinus infections can cause irritations in the back of your nose in the soft tissues located there - this can happen for weeks without any other symptoms of sinus irritations. So, I am back on sinus medication and am starting to use XClear for my nose issues. Hopefully that works.

Despite my early rising though, I feel wonderful. Before my husband woke up, I was able to surf the internet, make breakfast and make some coffee. Then, when I personally woke up my husband, we both were able to take a gentle walk with our cavalier king charles before eating breakfast. It was a great start of the morning and back into raw!

For breakfast we had Flax Seed Mock Pancakes, Cantalope and some iced coffee.
Lunch consisted of leftovers from last night and some watermelon and cantalope.
Dinner is going to be Italian Wraps. I will share next time.

No comments: