Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th!!!



Yes, today is Friday the 13th! For those of you who are unaware, that is a superstitiously unlucky day in America. It is a day that throughout history people have feared for some strange unknown reason. I guess, according to Wikipedia.org it is the same for American, German, Polish and Portuguese speaking countries. Oh, I also learned if you are afraid of this date, then you have paraskevodekatriaphobia. What would we all do without Wiki! If you haven't seen the site, come out from underneath your rock that you currently live under and check it out. So, anyways, this is the first day of my blog and I am thrilled! Since I started to work from home, I get a little nag to talk to more people than just my dog, cat and occasionally my husband. So, all of you can read my babble and get to know my world better. Aren't you lucky folks! At least you can get some free raw recipes out of it!

So, in the tradition of raw foodist bloggers:
My day of food:
Breakfast: Blueberry Delish Smoothie
Lunch:
Spinach Salad:
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/4 cucumber diced up
1 bunch of dill (chopped)
2 tbsp raisins
dressing- couple tbsp balsamic vinegar mixed with cider vinegar
Dinner: Not sure just yet however thinking Rainbow Chard Salad by Ani Phyo

Today was a strange day because I decided that I would not eat any nuts today. Don't worry though, I ate protein-rich bananas in my smoothies. I feel great actually, there is no heavy feeling in my stomach which really helps me out. Eating raw is so uplifting and freeing to a person that is forced to sit in front of a computer most of her day. If you are not on the raw food diet, try it a few times and see what you think for yourself. I personally love the food and feel better most of the time. Don't get me wrong though, I have not been 100% raw all the time. For instance, last night (which is the main reason for no nuts today) my husband and I went to an Indian Food Restaurant in my area. I absolutely love strong food, no dull food for me thank you! Yum!! I'm just changing my lifestyle so that I can enjoy those "cheating days" and not feel guilty or jeopardize my weight lose success.

See, I told you I would start to babble. There is a reason why my pets run when I start talking on certain days... ha ha just kidding.

So, anyways, I hope that nothing happens with the rest of the day however good luck with the historically bad day. Good Luck and stay away from black cats and ladders!

No comments: