Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday 7/25

Wow! It has been such a long time since I have been on here to chat with everyone about, well, me! Things have been going really good lately, my diet is working and I am having a good time with the adventures that I am getting into. Plus, God has been answering my prayers, so I feel so thankful and truly blessed. I would feel the same way, even if I weren't getting my prayers answered, it is just the cherry on the top for me.

So, on to being raw. Things have been going really good. I have been craving salty foods however I have found that raw olives are fantastic!!! They are sea salt cured and have a fantastic taste!! By eating one or two of these a day, I have gotten rid of my cravings that were pushing me off the healthy lifestyle. Thank goodness for olives!!!

As for new recipes, I am kinda stuck in a rut. I love to drink smoothies for breakfast or just grab a delicious Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit. Since they are in season, the taste is unbelievable!!! I suggest getting one this next shopping trip and tasting it - even if you don't like grapefruits. Plus, I have been getting sweet watermelons. It is rather funny because my husband hates watermelons however he has started to enjoy the sweet, juicy flavor of the ones in the stores now.

For now, I am on a quest for tahini. I have heard it is wonderful and can be placed on apples and etc for a little extra flavor. Looking forward to the day I can find it in the stores - I prefer not to order online since it is expensive that way. Don't want to lose my pocketbook just for food. hehe

So, I hope to write here more often when things get a little less busy. Leave me messages, thanks.

No comments: