Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seitan Satay Bento #2



For a few years now I have been wanting to try out seitan (a wheat protein) but could not find it. Since that time we have moved to a city that now has Trader Joe's and also Whole Foods Market. I highly suggest these two stores for fresh, organic ingredients that are usually hard to find in other places of the country. Seitan is supposed to be from Japan, however I was never able to have the chance to eat it while I lived there a few times. So, it was a great surprise when I found seitan near the tofu at Whole Foods Market. Our brand was from Westsoy however it may come in other brands too around the nation or overseas. This bento was for my husband - we just bought him a new Mr. bento (pictured here) so we love trying out many new recipes to fit into it. He loves the Mr. Bento however I do find that it is slightly much more demanding for smaller foods than a traditional long bento.

No comments: