Thursday, October 18, 2007

What's for lunch?


One of the many things that I learned while in Japan was to cook. Not only did I make meals however I also learned how to pack my own bento. I have to admit I was never very creative at it however I try. After a recent trip to a Japanese grocery store in Chicago, I found two little bentos. A bento is basically translated into "lunch box" in English. Some people do basic ones like me but then other people get crazy with making art pieces. There are even competitions around the world to decorate bentos - I am not in that category just yet though. Here are the new bentos in our lives!My cute yellow and pink bento came with a travel bag, bento case and a small case with a fork.
This is the bento all opened up. It is actually a small bento however there were only three choices at the Japanese store and I wasn't about to pay $30.00 online. Mine was $6.00!!This is my husband's bento. It is so sophisticated and "manly".

No comments: